none
Repository Pattern RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have been working mostly 2 tier. Now we are moving to multi tier and someone advices to use the repository pattern.

1) I did have in my mind that we could use 3 tier .  Front end, business logic and dataaccess layer.  But then I started to think where does this repository pattern fits into this?   We are not using MVC but I have seen some example where repository pattern have been used. 

2)Also I am wondering that do  have to know linq to work with the repository pattern? 

Link to other websites are good but if someone can give little explaining here that would be nice.

Thanks

i am a novice and a student

Monday, April 8, 2013 4:57 AM

Answers

• Be aware that a tier is in fact a word used in Multi Server Programming. For instance a WebBrowser running on a client and the Application running on the Application Server is a 2 Tier. Some call a multi layered program also multi tier, but that is in fact telling that water is the same as beer.

In a layered solution is the design of that important, not the way your Pattern goes. A Pattern is made to make things go easier (although I've also seen it does in fact the opposite and has often a short live time because it is so much updated and then renewed). 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff649690.aspx

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:45 AM