Check Calendar entries and also create calendar entries from sharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Please i need to check some of my users calendar for free times and also schedule a meeting for them from SharePoint, please how can i go about this?

Spruce Integrated

Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Tobiakintaro,

SharePoint by default doesn’t provide user’s free/busy status.

If you want to check the user calendar first before you schedule a meeting her/him, you can create a custom a web part to filter the calendar item based on the assigned user.

If you need to the check the user free busy status in the item NewForm/EditForm, you can add a control to the form page, and set the status value based on assigned value selection, to do this also need customization on the page with code.

If have misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by yogesh sainee Friday, August 23, 2013 2:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Monday, September 2, 2013 1:36 AM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 10:32 AM

All replies

• Are you talking about sharepoint meeting calendar or out side sharepoint calendar.

Through your mail box you are able to create meeting and able to add entry in your calendar.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:41 PM
  • Hi Tobiakintaro,

SharePoint by default doesn’t provide user’s free/busy status.

If you want to check the user calendar first before you schedule a meeting her/him, you can create a custom a web part to filter the calendar item based on the assigned user.

If you need to the check the user free busy status in the item NewForm/EditForm, you can add a control to the form page, and set the status value based on assigned value selection, to do this also need customization on the page with code.

If have misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei

• Proposed as answer by yogesh sainee Friday, August 23, 2013 2:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Monday, September 2, 2013 1:36 AM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 10:32 AM
  • Thanks for the response. Are you saying I can sync calendar out SharePoint to SharePoint, say outlook calendar?

Spruce Integrated

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Thanks for the response. The calendar is actually out of SharePoint, it's outlook calendar.

Spruce Integrated

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:59 AM
  • If I understand right, why not using SharePoint calendar connect to outlook, then you can use Outlook to add the entries.

Qiao Wei

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:32 AM