create setup RRS feed

• Question

• User479566397 posted

Hi,

please can one send the procedure to create setup in asp.net 2005  its very urgent, i have completed the first

project but i don't no how to create setup

please help me very very urgent

Saturday, May 3, 2008 4:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• User-2099109049 posted

Hi Kannandesikan,

If you use Windows Application means the procedure follows and if you ASP.Net Web Application means you have to lanuch the website no Setup Needs

Step 1: Create .exe for your application and the exe file will in the Bin -> Debug -> they you got ur Exe file with the name of your application. 

Step 2: Create New Project Select Other Project and they you can see "Setup and Deployment".

Step 3: Add the Exe File in the Project with use of Solutin Explorer ADD-> New File -> browse the Exe file of you application.

Setp 4: Now you build the Project.

Step 5: Now you Created the Setup for your Project its in the Debug in SetupProject you Created in the Folder Debug Setup is there.

Now you project is ready to Setup in any host machin

All the Best[Yes]

With Regards 

Saturday, May 3, 2008 5:28 AM
  • User372121194 posted

Hi,

If you want create the install setup for your ASP.NET project to deploy it automatically, you can add the Web Setup project to your solution.

With it, you can create and configure the application on IIS, copy all of the application’s files to the appropriate location on the server. You also can setup program to prompt the customer for the database string, etc.

For the detailed steps, see http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/06/15/tip-trick-creating-packaged-asp-net-setup-programs-with-vs-2005.aspx

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 4:42 AM