.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.5420 - Fatal Execution Engine Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hell all,

I have created Windows Service based on .Net 2.0, builded in Visual Studio 2010. It works fine on next operation systems:

1. Win2003
    2. WinXP
    3. Win2008

But sometimes my services have crash in Win2008 R2 (error from Event Viewer is ".NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.5420 - Fatal Execution Engine Error").

In my opinion reason of this error is stoping a lot of threads in one time:

1. my service generate for each datafile new thread
    2. during a lot of files and onetime threads ending (sometime datafile can not be processed - this is logical of my software, so I need to end the thread) there are the crash
    Sunday, May 4, 2014 8:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Anatoly,

This problem was fixed from the following KB, 958481 List of the issues that are addressed by the Application Compatibility Update for the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2. Please have a look at it and try to solve it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959209/en-us. And let me know the result.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 5, 2014 2:25 AM
  • Hi Herro wong,

I have problem on Win2008 R2 only (also I did not check my software on Win7).

I have tried to install the update from KB958481 - it is for Win2008 (not for Win2008 R2). So I can not use it on Win2008 R2.

You can see versions of file mscorwks.dll in attached file:

Best regards,

Anatoly

Monday, May 5, 2014 4:35 AM
  • Hi Anatoly,

I found someone has the similar question and posted on Microsoft Connect, but the product term cannot reproduce this problem. See details from http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/685127/net-runtime-version-2-0-50727-5420-fatal-execution-engine-error-000007fef9f5af0e-80131506-net-based-windows-service-crashing.

This error indicates that CLR found corrupted internal data structures.  A quick search through the internet shows that people hit this type of error in various situations. Some of them were caused by invalid COM interop. Most of them are never solved. Some of them are solved by reinstalling NET Framework.

If possible, I recommend you upgrade your project to NET 4.0 and try again.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 7:00 AM