stumped on mail flow rule to emilinate duplicate disclaimers RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to set up a mail flow rule on exchange admin center. We use office 365.

I have added the confidentiality disclaimer, but I am trying to eliminate duplicate disclaimers from stacking up. It don't want to add the exception "exceptif subject contains RE: or FW:"

I want the disclaimer applied if it is not already there. To do this, I have added a header "X-Disclaimer" and set the value to "Yes". then added the exception "exceptif header X-Disclaimer matches the text pattern 'Yes'"  I can confirm that the header is being applied, but it is still duplicating the disclaimer. Any help would be appreciated.

Do the following...

Set audit severity level to 'Do not audit' and Append the message with the disclaimer '…'.

If the disclaimer can't be applied, take no action.

and set message header 'X-Disclaimer' with the value 'Yes'

Except if...

'X-Disclaimer' header matches the following patterns: 'Yes'

Rule comments

Rule mode

Enforce

Additional properties

Sender address matches: Header or envelope

Version: 15.0.1.0

Saturday, December 19, 2020 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please note that, this Exchange Server Development forum mainly focuses on scripting issues, And the previous TechNet Exchange forum has been migrated to Q&A forum, please post your issues there if you need further support.

We have created a copy of your question on Microsoft Q&A Platform: stumped on mail flow rule to emilinate duplicate disclaimers. Kindly register the Microsoft Q&A Platform and continue the discussion out there with us.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 21, 2020 6:40 AM