none
Problem in Installation of Visual Studio Professional 2015

Question

• Hello,

I am trying to install Visual studio Pro 2015 through AdminDeployment.xml file. Firstly I downloaded everything using /layout then I created admindeployment.xml through /createadminfile. But I found some difference on my two machine. On one machine I got latest update that is Update 10 for a application and when I take same binaries to other machine I can see Update 4 for that application. Please note I have internet connectivity on both the machines. Due to this when I try to Install Visual Studio through AdminDeployment.xml file the required product remains uncheck on other machine before there it is populating Update 4. I don't know why there is no consistent behavior in this application.

Do anyone have any solution for this...

• Edited by V R S Saturday, April 8, 2017 5:42 AM
    Friday, April 7, 2017 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi V R S,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Now, the web installer is not available from the official site, I test it with visual studio 2015 update 3, you could see the following screenshots:

>>On one machine I got latest update that is Update 10 for a application and when I take same binaries to other machine I can see Update 4 for that applicationn.

The latest version of visual studio 2015 is visual studio 2015 with update 3, what do you mean of update 10/4 for a application? Please provide screenshots or more information about it.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 6:15 AM
  • Hi Joyce

I am talking about as shown below the left side has HTML/JavaScript (Apache Cordova) Update 4 and right side has HTML/JavaScript (Apache Cordova) Update 10. Why there is difference on two machines

My Second question is I have already installed Visual Studio product on my machine excluding Xamarin component. Now how should I install Visual Studio Update 3 including Xamarin application silently.

Monday, April 10, 2017 5:14 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

To update the installation, please have a look at here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee225237.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Do you use the same web installer of visual studio to download everything using /layout?

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:52 AM
  • Hi Joyce,

Thanks for the reply.

I used two exe for testing purpose one vs_professional.exe and other vs2015.3.exe along with /layout switch. But in both the case I didn't found Xamarin application under Packages folder which is created with /layout switch.

Note:: I already have VS 2015 installed on my machine without Xamarin application.

Let me know how should I enable Xamarin application if it is not downloaded in Packages folder through /layout switch

Regards,

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:39 PM
  • Hi,

You could find Xamarin packages in OfflineCache\installers folder. To use xamarin with visual studio, please open Control Panel > Programs and Features, choose the Visual Studio 2015 item, and click Change. When the installer opens, click Modify, Cross-Platform Mobile Development > C#/.NET (Xamarin). This will also automatically select various Android tools under Common Tools and Software Development Kits. This option should also update any existing Xamarin installation.

Select the Xamarin option under Cross-Platform Mobile Development

For more, please refer to here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt613162.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

And here: https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/getting_started/installation/windows/#community

Best regards,

Joyce

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:54 AM
  • Hi Joyce,

Why it is not downloaded when I tried. I can see all Microsoft product but not Xamarin in my Packages folder and OfflineCache folder.

Regards,

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

I test it with visual studio community 2015(web installer of visual studio 2015 is not available from official site, so I couldn’t download visual studio professional 2015), you could see the size of the offline installation from the following screenshots. Please check it with yours and make sure you don’t have a corrupted package.

Best regards,

Joyce

Thursday, April 13, 2017 5:50 AM
  • Hi Joyce,

I don't have this much of folders under my offlinecache folder. What could be the reason. why it didn't downloaded properly and at the end no error message for unsuccessful download.

Regards,

Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:30 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

This may be caused by slow network connection or something else.

After you download the installer to a location on your file system, run "<executable name> /layout" on a pc with good network connection. For example, run: vs_enterprise.exe /layout D:\VisualStudio2015, then copy it to your pc.

Refer: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt706497.aspx

Best regards,

Joyce

Friday, April 14, 2017 7:58 AM