none
EF 4.2 Beta 1 throws same error like 4.1 Update 1 throws.. when used third party EF provider connecting to Oracle RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I see that EF 4.2 Beta 1 behaving same way like 4.1 Update 1, I am trying to connect to Oracle

it says 

"The User ID and Password both must be specified in the connection string for the effective Authentication Method."

Do I need to Add/Modify anything in my Project/App.config? Is there any change from 4.1 RTW

Its working fine with EF  4.1 RTW

Thanks,

jagan

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:01 PM

Answers

• Its working when I explicitly added "Persist Security Info=True" to my connection string(I am connecting to Oracle).

I am also able to work with 4.1 Update 1. But EF 4.1 RTW doesn't need this!.

Jagan
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:48 AM

All replies

• Its working when I explicitly added "Persist Security Info=True" to my connection string(I am connecting to Oracle).

I am also able to work with 4.1 Update 1. But EF 4.1 RTW doesn't need this!.

Jagan
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Happy to see that you got this work fine.

Good day,

Jackie Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 5:57 AM
  • Hi Jagan,

We are looking into this issue before we release EF 4.2 RTW. Can you tell us which provider for Oracle you are using? (e.g. Is it the beta from Oracle directly, or is it from a 3rd party like DevArt?) Also, what Oracle database server are you targeting?

Thanks,

David

Blog - http://davedewinter.com/ Twitter - @ddewinter
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:48 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi David,

I am working for Progress DataDirect, I am using our connect for Oracle (pre-release) and I am targeting  Oracle 11g.

(sorry for late reply, I am back from vacation ).

Thanks 

Jagan
    Monday, September 5, 2011 5:35 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Jagan. Do you know if this repros on your latest released provider? If not, can we work with you offline to get a copy of your pre-release provider for testing?

My email is david DOT annesley-dewinter AT microsoft

Blog - http://davedewinter.com/ Twitter - @ddewinter
    Monday, September 5, 2011 5:15 PM
    Answerer
  • EF 4.2 RC has fix for this . Thanks to EF team for correcting the problem we are facing.

Thanks David:) for taking up this. 

have a great time guys :) :)

regards,

Jagan
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:56 AM