Visual Studio 2011, Toolbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I downloaded Visual Studio 2011 & when I opened it and started new project - windows form, I didn't see the toolbox, and I can't even find it. What should I do?

Sunday, April 1, 2012 6:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Jānis,

If you have installed any add-ins, please try to disable them. 

Then you can try to use the Visual Studio Setup Wizard to Visual Studio Setup Wizard (via Control Panel) to repair Visual Studio. It can restore the Visual Studio Installation into its original state. 

If you still cannot solve this issue, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall your Visual Studio.

Thank you for your understanding!

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Post your Feeback on Visual Studio 11 UserVoice Blog

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

Regards

Anand

Sunday, April 1, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Hi Jānis,

If you have installed any add-ins, please try to disable them. 

Then you can try to use the Visual Studio Setup Wizard to Visual Studio Setup Wizard (via Control Panel) to repair Visual Studio. It can restore the Visual Studio Installation into its original state. 

If you still cannot solve this issue, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall your Visual Studio.

Lucy Liu [MSFT]

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:42 AM
  • Hi Jānis,

I temporary make my last reply as answer. You can unmark it if they provide no help.

Lucy Liu [MSFT]

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:04 AM
  • It's unlikely this is related to addins or VS setup.  It's possible that, when asked to choose your settings on first launch, you selected a settings collection that doesn't show the toolbox by default.  Is Toolbox listed in the View menu (possibly under "Other Windows")?  If not, can you type "toolbox" in the IDE search box (in the upper right corner of the IDE) and see if a "View -> Toolbox" result appears?

Thanks,

-Josh Stevens

VS Shell team

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:29 PM