Windows Store Visual Studio 2012 templates not available

Question

• I have searched through articles here and cannot find my answer.  The closest one I found, located HERE did not help me.

I am running Windows 8 and Visual Studio Premium Version 11.0.60315.01 Update 2.  I have a developer's license.  What I find really interesting is in our solution we already have one Windows 8 project.  I am able to open that solution and start a new instance of the project, but, when I open Visual Studio 2012 and try to add a new Windows Store project, there are no templates available.

Following the linked post above, I see the templates installed in the following folders:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp\Windows Store and C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\Windows Store.  I have pointed my Visual Studio to these folders for the templates and I have run the devenv command and neither helped my issue.  I also attempted to copy from the above paths to the Documents templates location, which also did nothing. 

Any ideas?

• Edited by CinciJosh Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:13 PM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:58 PM

All replies

• You could try rebuilding the template cache by running "devenv.exe /InstallVSTemplates" switch. If the templates are present, this switch should rebuild the cache with them.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Thanks for the response, unfortunately, this is one of the steps I tried from the article I linked in my original post and it did not work.

Right now, we're assuming that the installation of my Windows 8 is corrupt.  Since I have already reinstalled Windows 8 numerous times, we are going to completely wipe the C drive and reinstall fresh as opposed to letting Windows 8 perform its version of a "clean" install.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:16 PM