Mirror RRS feed

• Question

• I have two sql 2005 servers. I want to do mirroring. My question is does mirroring supports store procedures, ssis packages, user log in ids also? I know mirroring supports database level. In this case, mirroring should supports sp and indexes also. Am I right?

Friday, December 7, 2007 4:23 PM

Answers

• SSIS packages are stored in msdb and since you cannot mirror master,model,msdb and tempdb I think you cannot mirror the packages. The tables,stored procedures will be mirrored. All TSQL DDL , DML etc are logged in Transaction Log and in Database Mirroring the Logs record are transferred.

I moving this thread to database mirroring forum so that you get to know more opinions..

- Deepak

Friday, December 7, 2007 5:48 PM

All replies

• SSIS packages are stored in msdb and since you cannot mirror master,model,msdb and tempdb I think you cannot mirror the packages. The tables,stored procedures will be mirrored. All TSQL DDL , DML etc are logged in Transaction Log and in Database Mirroring the Logs record are transferred.

I moving this thread to database mirroring forum so that you get to know more opinions..

- Deepak

Friday, December 7, 2007 5:48 PM
  •  saumen wrote:

I have two sql 2005 servers. I want to do mirroring. My question is does mirroring supports store procedures, ssis packages, user log in ids also? I know mirroring supports database level. In this case, mirroring should supports sp and indexes also. Am I right?

In simple term you can only mirror user databases only. So all the objects you have inside the user database will be mirrored. As you cannot mirro system databases you will not be able to mirror, packages, Database mail configurations, login accounts etc.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 7:20 PM