Getting Started RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Support,

I recently programmed a game in C for my Digital 2 class at ITT-Tech. It works on a PIC 16-Bit chip with output to a VGA  monitor or a composite video TV. It's a simple game that is fun to play. Now I want to put it on the Windows PC. It has two gamepad controllers already that connect to the PIC 16 version.

So I looked online to investigate and found a Youtube video with someone from TurboSquid demonstrating the use of XNA to grab a 3D model, put it in XNA and then manipulate it with and XBOX gamepad contoller in 5 minutes.

So I came to the microsoft site and attemped to download a "free" XNA 4 software. It wouldn't load unless I downloaded C#, so I downloaded C#. Now the question is, where is the promised game development environment that these provide.

My son has an XBOX S Kinect that he plays guitar hero on, but the product number is only 20 digits not 25, that the XNA registered device is apparently looking for to get started. Can you give me a hint, or some example of actually getting started with the XNA 4 ?

Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:21 PM

Answers

• Hi NordaVinci,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I guess you installed Visual C# 2010 Express and XNA Game Studio 4.0. Then, please open Visual C# IDE>>New Project. You can see the XNA Game Studio 4.0 in the left, and you can choose any template to start.

I also recommend you take a look at this page about Getting Started with XNA Game Studio Development: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb203894.aspx

Have a nice day.

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, July 2, 2012 9:16 AM