none
checkbox value not changing RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a custom outlook task form with a series of checkboxes. When one is checked it may check off another one as it would automatically apply. This works except the actual value of the checkbox that is being checked off by the other checkbox is not changing to the expected -1 value. Is there a way to get the value to change when another checkbox changes it value?
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:19 AM

Answers

• Are you using your own made checkboxes or a third party one, because the buildin checkbox doesn't have a value property ? Again showing some of the code you use makes it easier for us to help identify the problem.

If I try this

Private Sub CheckBox1_CheckedChanged_1(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles CheckBox1.CheckedChanged
            If CheckBox1.Checked = True Then
                CheckBox2.Checked = Not CheckBox1.Checked
            End If

End Sub
    checkbox2 is correcty unchecked and has .checked = false

Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:27 PM
  • I am using standard outlook checkbox. I think I may have figured it out, need to add the check if initial check box is checked at the second checkbox location. I tried it on one this AM and it seemed to work although I did not do a print out to see if the second checkbox value had changed to -1.
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:59 PM

All replies

• What code do you use to check or uncheck the value of this checkbox ?

• Edited by Rbie Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:21 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:17 AM
  • The checkboxes also control textboxes, making visible or hidden. When the form is published and it reads the page because the second checkbox value is still zero, even though it is checked, the text box that it controls is hidden when it should be visible ( this happens when saved or assigned to another associate and reopened). I am using change event to change the checkbox state ( if checbox1.value = -1 then checkbox2.value = -1). Again this works in regards to showing the checkbox as checked but the value for it is still 0. I verified the value by doing a print preview of the form and it shows checkbox1 with a -1 value and checkbox2 value as 0. So I assume when it cycle thru the read function code it's seeing checkbox 2 as 0 which makes the textbox is hidden.
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Are you using your own made checkboxes or a third party one, because the buildin checkbox doesn't have a value property ? Again showing some of the code you use makes it easier for us to help identify the problem.

If I try this

Private Sub CheckBox1_CheckedChanged_1(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles CheckBox1.CheckedChanged
            If CheckBox1.Checked = True Then
                CheckBox2.Checked = Not CheckBox1.Checked
            End If

End Sub
    checkbox2 is correcty unchecked and has .checked = false

Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:27 PM
  • I am using standard outlook checkbox. I think I may have figured it out, need to add the check if initial check box is checked at the second checkbox location. I tried it on one this AM and it seemed to work although I did not do a print out to see if the second checkbox value had changed to -1.
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:59 PM