Word shared add-in not loading (solved) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I try to deploy a very simple shared add-in (message box popup) for Word 2003 to a test machine that is not my development machine. I am using the automatically generated Setup Project with absolutely nothing changed to it.

- On the dev machine (VS2005) : the popup shows up correctly.
    - On the text machine : I have installed the add-in using the automatically generated Setup Project, but nothing happens in Word. The add-in is not in the disabled items of Word not in the Comm add-ins. All required registry keys are present. Office 2003 SP2, Framework .NET 2.0, Office 2003 PIA, VSTO redist libs are installed.

Please help !
    Thursday, June 1, 2006 11:39 AM

Answers

• This forum is for programming the Visual Studio object models, so we can give only limited help here.

For the Office programs, they have the security permissions set to High by default. This means that you can load Add-ins only if they have been signed with an Authenticode signature. If you have not signed your code, then you will need to adjust the permissions to allow your Add-in to run.

Craig

Thursday, June 1, 2006 7:39 PM
  • Thank you for your answer.

I managed to run my addin by :
    - Signing the code
    - Referecing Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll + Extensibility.dll in the setup project
    - Installing the update KB908002
    Friday, June 2, 2006 7:47 AM

All replies

• This forum is for programming the Visual Studio object models, so we can give only limited help here.

For the Office programs, they have the security permissions set to High by default. This means that you can load Add-ins only if they have been signed with an Authenticode signature. If you have not signed your code, then you will need to adjust the permissions to allow your Add-in to run.

Craig

Thursday, June 1, 2006 7:39 PM
  • Thank you for your answer.

I managed to run my addin by :
    - Signing the code
    - Referecing Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll + Extensibility.dll in the setup project
    - Installing the update KB908002
    Friday, June 2, 2006 7:47 AM