none
How can I find a failing connection string? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've had to move a web application from one server to another. However, on the new server, attempting to log in fails with the following error. This log in involves SQL Role manager and LLBLGen to retrieve the user object.

-----------------------

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL NetworkInterfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

-------------------------

I've updated the connection string to be correct (tested by creating a SQLDatasource using the same connections string).

Is there anyway I can debug this to find out what connection string and credentials are being used?
    Just in case it is somehow referencing one which I haven't updated.

Thanks,

R

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:23 PM

Answers

• Hi MrMadders,

Thank you for your post in MSDN forum!

Based on your description and your error information, it seems that it might be occurred during connecting and developing.

I would recommend you some suggestions.

1, you could check whether your connection string is right or not.

2, you could check whether your account is accessible or not.

Frankly speaking, it is .NET Framework Setup Forum. I would recommend you could open a new thread in ASP.NET Forum. You will get more helpful suggestions there.

The link is as follows.

http://forums.asp.net/

Hope this helps you! If you have any doubts and concerns, please feel free to let me know. We are going to continue to follow-up.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Wednesday, August 4, 2010 2:05 AM
    Friday, July 30, 2010 3:33 AM