Simply show a list item with 2 columns in a div layout RRS feed

• Question

• I have a simple list with a few columns.  I want to filter on a set of criteria, and limit the result set to a single row.  I am using the list view web part to query to data.  This aspect seems to work well.

However, I would like to format this result (two columns, one with a photo from an Active Directory user profile) in a simple div layout to allow control of text wrapping around and under the photo.  The generated XSLT code from the list view web part seems complex, and does not lend itself well to eliminating the table-oriented layout that it exports.

Is there a reccomended way to accompish this feature?  A more suitable web part?  I am limited to out-of-box components for this site.

Thanks!

_T
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:49 PM

All replies

• Have you gone into SharePoint Designer 2010 and created an XSLT List View?  That should allow you to modify the view however you want, and this is still considered "out-of-the-box."
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:16 PM
  • Have you gone into SharePoint Designer 2010 and created an XSLT List View?  That should allow you to modify the view however you want, and this is still considered "out-of-the-box."
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:20 PM
  • Your answers universally suck.  "All you have to do is..." without an example. Or, "It works for me so you must be doing it wrong." No shit!  That's why I'm here asshole. Please get a new job.
    Monday, May 7, 2012 3:55 PM