none
ContinueTracking fails after a few frames RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on updates to a library for the Cinder framework.  I'm wrapping the FaceTracker API to compliment the sensor wrapper.  I'm running into an issue where StartTracking is working fine, but ContinueTracking is never successful for more than a handful of frames.  Source here:

https://github.com/BanTheRewind/Cinder-MsKinect/tree/dev/src

I'm basically following the sample, which works fine.  The difference is that I'm attaching my IFTImages to the buffer in the sensor's images (rather than allocate / copy).  I don't think frame sync is an issue -- the sensor wrapper uses the "frame end" event to trigger its process / callback. Slow or fast movements alike have the same results.  I can find a face OK with StartTracking, then get usually 1 - 5 successful ContinueTracking calls before it fails again.

Any clues?

Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:43 PM

Answers

• Sounds like you are not calling NuiImageStreamReleaseFrame fast enough and as such calls to get next frame are resulting in empty frames. A call to NuiImageStreamGetNextFrame will only provide frames to your application but if you are not releasing the frame, you will not get anymore. This is to prevent the runtime from allocating more buffers than what is needed.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, September 27, 2013 11:56 PM