Design Preview Disappears RRS feed

• Question

• I run Blend and VS08 at the same time. I do this because I both design the UI (in xaml) and need to debug (in code). I have found that when I have a xaml page open in Blend (I use the split view option) and then run the project through VS and return to Blend, the preview of the xaml's UI has disappeared. It is almost instantaneous (as soon as focus is brought back to Blend). The preview of the xaml page disappears and I am left with an empty 1/2 x 1/2 square in its place. The only way to bring the preview back is to restart Blend (closing the page and reopening it does nothing). I had hoped this problem would go away with an update to Blend 3, but I see that the Blend 3 Preview has the same issue.

The problem does not happen if I run the project through Blend, but of course doing so loses me my debugging capabilities. Is there something I could possibly be doing wrong? This constant restrting of Blend is becoming extremely annoying.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi, I am not able to reproduce in XP with 2 gb ram and blend 2 SP1, can you please give the more details. OS, RAM ,Version of Blend and VS etc...
    Prasad - www.beautifulmind.blog.co.in
    Microsoft MVP
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:11 AM
  • I believe I had the problem on my old XP sp2 computer, but I don't have that one any more so I can't confirm. I currently have Vista Business 32-bit with 4GB RAM (Windows Experience Index of 5.0), Expression Studio (w/ sp1 where available), VS 08 v9.0.30729.1 and framework 3.5 sp1.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:52 PM