none
Creating an external list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have created a busness data catalogue model and now want to put it in an external content type.

Ive gone to

site actions - More Options - External List - create

Ive added a name and selected my external data type that i have created above in the Select External Content Type box and then the page errors.

I get the error

*****************************************************************************************

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

*******************************************************************************************

if i do what it says it goes to a blank mycustompage.htm page

how do i find out what the error is?

thanks in advance

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 12:53 PM

Answers

• Are you changing the BCS web.config located here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebServices\Bdc

or the main one?

(you need to edit the bcs one)

<system.web>
      <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="204800"/>
      <customErrors mode="Off"/>
     </system.web>

• Marked as answer by ez44 Wednesday, April 6, 2011 1:40 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 1:16 PM