SP 2010 List multiple items to trigger one workflow for approval RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a requirement and I want to know if I can achieve this with SharePoint 2010 Designer workflow or should I go with Event handler/custom application?

Requirement is to create SharePoint 2010 approval workflow for the Custom list containing employee record with weekly hours worked (currently in SQL table). I believe the timer job helps me to sync the SP custom list and the SQL table on a weekly basis.

The custom SP list field has a Totalhours field(from SQL). new record will be created(synced from SQL) on weekly basis, collect all records together for all employees and  send email to “HR head” for timesheet approval.  HR doesn’t want to receive email per employee but want to see one email per group of employees per week.  

The email body should have a link to open/edit all these records and contain “Approve”/”Reject” buttons to execute actions. Accordingly the record should capture the field values such as Approved or Rejected, person who approved, etc.

Another critical condition is if there is a timesheet record backlog unapproved (no action taken) for the same employee, the new weekly timesheet should not trigger email(or should not visible in the view) or the email link should still point to the unapproved timesheet only. The latest will be activated only after backlog is completed.

Once the list record is approved, mark the workflow as completed.

All approved record should be accessible for HR team and email the xls report once per month automatically.

Many thanks for your suggestion in advance,

Shri

Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Per my knowledge, there is no out of the box way to accomplish it in SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow.

If you still want to achieve this requirement, you need to use own code to customize it.

Best Regards,

Yumi Fu

• Marked as answer by Lindali Friday, October 31, 2014 1:55 AM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:34 PM