Custom Tool is no longer working in VS 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• I got a new laptop with Windows 10 and VS 2015. Our application uses Reverse POCO Generator. We used to be able to right click on the SiriusSQL.tt file, select 'Run Custom Tool' and it worked fine. Now I am getting these errors (see the image).

So, what can I do with these errors? Also, the App.Config file has the following:

<?xmlversion="1.0"encoding="utf-8"?>

<configuration>

<startup>

<supportedRuntimeversion="v4.0"sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5"/>

</startup>

<connectionStringsconfigSource="db.config"></connectionStrings>

</configuration>

while db.config has that connectionString, e.g.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
     <connectionStrings>
          <!-- Dear Developer ... Tweak this connection string as you see fit, and please EXCLUDE it from any checkins. Thanks! -->
          <remove name="Siriusware"/>
          <add name="Siriusware"
               connectionString="Data Source=.;Initial Catalog=SiriusSQL_SysManager;Integrated Security=True"
               providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
     </connectionStrings>

Do you see what may be the problem and how to correct?

Thanks in advance.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, August 27, 2015 9:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Naomi,

I can't reproduce this problem with VS2013, please make sure you properly install the Reverse POCO Generator in VS2015

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/ee4fcff9-0c4c-4179-afd9-7a2fb90f5838/view/Reviews/2

It already supports VS2015, as the VSGallery page indicates, install it from the Tools>Extension and Updates. Then create the T4 template file from the Add New Item dialog.

Create a brand new T4 template file instead of using the earlier one. Check if it's the problem with the compatibility issues with this extension files.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 31, 2015 10:19 AM
  • Hi Caillen,

It was was working fine for us in VS 2013 as well. We do have customization, I think we will have to brace ourselves and try to install a new version.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, August 31, 2015 11:55 AM