Silverlight application w/ RIA Services hosted by MVC web project RRS feed

• Question

• When you create a new Silverlight, or Silverlight Navigation Visual Studio asks if you would like to host the Silverlight application in a new Web site. If you choose to do so, you must choose a Web project type, and one of those options is a MVC Web Project. You must then choose a few other options such as which version of Silverlight you want, and if you want to enable WCF RIA Services.

My question is related to choosing MVC Web Project, and enabling WCF RIA services.

Where is the best place to ask this kind of question? The MVC forum? The RIA forum? the Silverlight forum?? Help!

Specifically, how should I set up domain services in an MVC environment? Creating a web service using DomainSerivceClass instead of using MVC doesn't seem to make sense to me. Also I noticed the silverlight launch page was created in my Web Project as an aspx, and html page. This doesn't seem very MVCish. What am I missing? Can I take advantage of the client side automatic code generation feature of a DomainServiceClass while creating REST webservice access to my data model via MVC?

Friday, May 20, 2011 9:43 PM

Answers