none
Property ID Ranges Question RRS feed

• Question

• In [MS-OXPROPS] - v1.06 1.3.3, the property ID ranges 0x8000 through 0xFFFF are listed as reserved for named property ranges, however there are a number of properties (such as PidTagAddressBookDisplayTypeExtended - 0x8C93) which are in this reserved range. Are there named properties names or ids that map to these predefined ids? Is the server not allowed to assign these property ids to other named properties?

Thanks.
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:36 PM

Answers

• The documentation is correct for the ranges 0x8000 through 0xFFFF spelled out in the table.  The exceptions to this is the documented Property IDs (PIDs) in this range that are specific to NSPI (documented in [MS-NSPI]) use of the static mapping of the property to PIDs.  The server is not alloed to assign these IDs to other properties.  

The product group is going to add a reference in [MS-OXPROPS] document to [MS-NSPI] to make this more clear.
    Developer Consultant
    Monday, April 6, 2009 8:01 PM

All replies

• I suspect that the range is not correct as there are more than a couple of the property ID's (mostly address related) above 0x8000.  I will file a Technical Document Issue (TDI) to clarify the range in the section 1.3.3 of [MS-OXPROPS] documentation.  I will post the response from development.

Thank you for your feedback.

Developer Consultant
    Friday, April 3, 2009 5:26 PM
  • The documentation is correct for the ranges 0x8000 through 0xFFFF spelled out in the table.  The exceptions to this is the documented Property IDs (PIDs) in this range that are specific to NSPI (documented in [MS-NSPI]) use of the static mapping of the property to PIDs.  The server is not alloed to assign these IDs to other properties.  

The product group is going to add a reference in [MS-OXPROPS] document to [MS-NSPI] to make this more clear.
    Developer Consultant
    Monday, April 6, 2009 8:01 PM