Load test report collection error - VSTS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting error while collecting result after load test execution. It was a 4 hour test. I got overall result however I was not able to collect all individual detail for test. I am using MS SQL DB server to store results not using any local DB. atatcheed here screenshot for more details. Error description as below:

Could not acces the loadtest repository there is inufficient system memory in resource pool default to run this Query.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Namrata Sable,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

According the error description, it could be MS SQL DB problem.

SQL Server will start with as much memory as needed, then slowly ramp up until it uses all allocated to it in the Server Properties, it will not release any of this memory until the service is restarted.

When you run the program for a long time. SQL does not have enough memory to provide. Therefore, an error occurs. You can refer to this link for more information:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25266663/there-is-insufficient-system-memory-in-resource-pool-default-to-run-this-query

Best Regards,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Friday, March 24, 2017 1:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Namrata Sable Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:20 AM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Namrata Sable,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

According the error description, it could be MS SQL DB problem.

SQL Server will start with as much memory as needed, then slowly ramp up until it uses all allocated to it in the Server Properties, it will not release any of this memory until the service is restarted.

When you run the program for a long time. SQL does not have enough memory to provide. Therefore, an error occurs. You can refer to this link for more information:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25266663/there-is-insufficient-system-memory-in-resource-pool-default-to-run-this-query

Best Regards,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Friday, March 24, 2017 1:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Namrata Sable Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:20 AM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:14 AM
  • Hi Oscar,

I am using MS SQL Server 2014 Enterprise to store results. Would it be applicable to change memory setting on DB server, If I am using SQL express then I can understand memory issue. However I am not storing results on local load-test repository. To change memory allocation to SQL DB sever I have to take permission from DBA. Is there any setting I can change on machine where VSTS solution present. Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you for continuous support. 

Best Regards,

Namrata

Friday, April 7, 2017 8:39 AM