Exception Side-loading Metro application to Windows 8.1 Pro tablet

Question

• I'm running a Windows 8.1 Pro system in a tablet, I side-loaded a metro application developed with VS 2013 for testing purpose. I was able to do it one time, and everything worked fine, but when the I tried to side-load an update for my application I run into problems.

When executing the command Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration I get the following error message and exception:

You need administrator privileges to acquire or remove a developer license.

At line1 char 1

CategoryInfo  : PermissionDenied [Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration], UnauthorizedAccessExecution

FullyQualifiedErrorId : NonAdminAccessException, Microsoft.Windows.DeveloperLicense.Commands.WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistrationCommand

I'm running an admin account, I can log with this account at Microsoft as well. I also run windows validation and it report that my windows is genuine.

I need advice on this.

Thanks.

Monday, March 23, 2015 1:45 AM

Answers

• You need to run PowerShell as Administrator. You should be able to do so by right clicking the PowerShell link and selecting "Run as Administrator" as regularly it will be run with regular user privileges.
    Monday, March 23, 2015 2:40 PM