"The custom domain name www.thoughtcaststudio.com has already been activated for another storage account" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a single storageaccount to which I am trying to associate a a custom domain. I keep getting the error "The custom domain name www.thoughtcaststudio.com has already been activated for another storage account"

i think this has happened because i changed it multiple times its got stuck somewhere...

ERROR MESSAGE BELOW:

PS Azure:\> Set-AzureRmStorageAccount -ResourceGroupName "thoughtcaststudio" -AccountName "thtcstblob" -CustomDomainName "www.thoughtcaststudio.com" Set-AzureRmStorageAccount : The custom domain name www.thoughtcaststudio.com has already been activated for another storage account. At line:1 char:1 + Set-AzureRmStorageAccount -ResourceGroupName "thoughtcaststudio" -Acc ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : CloseError: (:) [Set-AzureRmStorageAccount], CloudException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Management.Storage.SetAzureStorageAccountCommand

I am sure this domain has not been activiated on any other storage account. Any idea how can I can address this?

UPDATE 1:

1. I even tried deleting the storage account and recreating it and then assigning the customer domain. Same error

2. I can assign any other custom domain with out any issue.

UPDATE 2:

1. I have found a workaround by creating a CDN end point and mapping the same custom domain to the CDN. This works find, however would appreciate if someone could assist with a resolution to the underlying issue as I may not use a CDN for "www" in the future

• Edited by arshish1612 Tuesday, August 21, 2018 12:36 PM Updates
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 10:54 AM

All replies

• Deregister a custom domain for your Blob storage endpoint by using one of the following procedures and retry the operation:
    Deregister a custom domain

• Proposed as answer by vikranth s Wednesday, August 22, 2018 12:03 PM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 2:41 PM
  • Just checking in to see if the above response helped to resolve your issue. Let us know if you are still facing the similar issue.

Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:43 PM