Audit in SQL SERVER 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with SQL server 2012 audit. I created audit and server audit specification. Now want to add database audit specification but its not adding. Facing error -

Granular auditing is not available in this edition of SQL Server. For more information about feature support in the editions of SQL Server, see SQL Server Books Online.

How to remove this error and get the audit please tell me.

I checked in Local Security policy in Audit policy Audit object access is success failure. Also my login added to user right management.But only audit file is created and if I done select, insert operations on DB table it must show in audit file but when I opening audit file in SQL it is blank columns please help me. How to do SQL auditing tell me.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Database Lever Audit is supported in Enterprise version only

https://www.logbinder.com/Content/blog.aspx?p=d1f5efd3-d0a8-4c3e-82a5-6c8fc7e7f672

To find your SQL Server version and edition run this script

SELECT
    SERVERPROPERTY('Edition') AS Edition,
    SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion') AS ProductVersion,
    SERVERPROPERTY('ProductLevel') AS ProductLevel

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:20 PM
  • It's Standard Edition version 11.0.2218.0 with product level RTM. So, how can use SQL audit for my version. Please tell is there any other options..
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:44 AM
  • The first thing you need to do is to upgrade your SQL Server to the latest Service Pack. With SQL Server you do not want to be behind service packs, it's important to install them.

As for SQL Server Audit you need to find other ways for Database auditing. I think you may try using Database triggers for that.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:06 PM