FSLogix Application Masking not always working RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VMWare Windows 10 golden image on which I am using FSLogix to mask applications. These are linked to AD groups that allow certain users to see certain applications.

I have noticed that the mask does not always works, so a user that is allowed to run a particular application and is in the correct group, will not be able to run the application. If I get them to logout and back in nine times out of ten the application will then work. This is very random in its nature and is not necessarily affecting the same user or the same application every time.

When it happens I can see the mask is not working as the application directory will still be hidden for the user even though they should be able to see it.

Any ideas or help would be most welcome.

Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:07 AM

All replies

• Bit more info. So I have now found that the rules work once after the VM is recomposed. Every subsequent login and the rules do not work.

Everything is running as expected including the FSLogix Apps Services.

Nothing FSLogix related has been changed on the master image. I have even tried going back to previous images but the problem still persists.

Friday, January 31, 2020 1:37 PM
  • Hi, did you get any further in this? I am experiencing the same problems but on Windows 2019 as Citrix Virtual Disk.
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 7:02 PM