EF with using WCF Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I'm working on the WCF Service using EF. I have a lot operations with entity on client(like adding, deleting, modify entity and change relationships). The current version of the EF has Self-Tracking Entity functionality but i heard that this feature won't be supported anymore. Is there any alternative of it?

thanx

Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• On 4/11/2013 9:08 AM, Alex_Ivanov wrote:

Hello,

I'm working on the WCF Service using EF. I have a lot operations with entity on client(like adding, deleting, modify entity and change relationships). The current version of the EF has Self-Tracking Entity functionality but i heard that this feature won't be supported anymore. Is there any alternative of it?

Yeah it's called make your on Custom objects that keep their state mapping data between the custom object and the EF entity.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:51 PM
  • Can u give some samples or reference on article about this?

thanx

Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:19 PM
  • On 4/11/2013 1:19 PM, Unknown_User_10 wrote:

Can u give some samples or reference on article about this?

<http://www.dailycoding.com/Posts/maintaining_dirty_and_new_state_of_objects.aspx>

However, if sending this type of object through WCF as a serialized object the setters will firer marking the object dirty when it shouldn't be dirty. But there is a way around that.

• Marked as answer by Chester Hong Monday, May 6, 2013 10:58 PM
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:31 PM