none
EW 4 takes a looooong time to open sites RRS feed

• Question

• The past week or two EW4 is taking a very long time to open any one of my sites. I have a very large website, about 1 GB, and I'll usally open up folders within that site and make them independent sites. I do this to make the opening time shorter. I'm wondering if EW4 is now opening the large site in addition to the smaller site within the huge site. Either way, if that is what EW4 is doing it seems like an extra long time opening. Anyone having a similar problem? Thanks.

Win 7 Ultimate, 64 bit, 6gb mem

Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Nope. Not me.

Vista Ultimate, 32-bit, 3GB

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:40 PM
  • Nope, Window 7 Ultimate 64bit 4 gig ram.
    MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com & Expression Web forums
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:07 PM
  • If this is a recent change in behavior, run FPCleaner for EW4.
    • Proposed as answer by KathyW2 Friday, January 14, 2011 3:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lori DirksModerator Friday, February 25, 2011 4:35 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:31 PM
  • Kathy, thanks for the reply. The FPCleaner seems to have worked. After running it, one of my sites opened immediately. Thanks to the others for the replies as well. You guys are a laugh a minute! :-)

Friday, January 14, 2011 1:05 PM
  • How about marking Kathy's reply as the answer so that anyone who is looking for a solution to a similar problem knows that it fixed your issue.

When you mark an answer it rises to the top when someone searches.

THX

MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com & Expression Web forums
    Friday, January 14, 2011 2:39 PM
  • Today when I opened a site, the site opened quickly, but the file I selected took a long time to open. Just like the site issue described in my original post. I'm now thinking it might not be EW4 and might be something else. Going to look into it further. Hope it's not the drive. Thanks.
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:23 AM