none
Problems unlocking Visual Studio even though MSDN subscription looks OK

Question

• Hi!

The Company I work for has purchased the Action Pack and assigned me as one of the technical contacts. This in turn has provided me With an active MSDN Subscription, and I'm able to download various software and Access License keys and such. Visual Studio is listed among the Applications under "My Product Keys" (even though there is no key, referring to having to log in instead to get it activated).

However, when I start Visual Studio 2015 (Update 3) and log in using the same username and password as I use to access MSDN, I'm told that "We could not activate Visual Studio With the accounts available" when I click "Check for an updated license". Signing out and in again doesn't seem to help.

Is anyone able to give me a pointer or two in what I might be missing, or if there's some assumption about how things work that I'm getting wrong? Note that I'm trying to start Visual Studio Professional and that I do have a Visual Studio Profile set up.

With regards,

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Arne,

According to the message that your current MSDN Subscription account could not active Visual Studio. As far as I know, if your MSDN Subscription account has been assigned to use Visual Studio, the Visual Studio will be active when your sign in with this account.

I suggest you contact the Visual Studio Subscriptions Customer Service Centers to check your MSDN Subscription account, whether it has been assigned to use Visual Studio and it doesn't have expired.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/aa948875.aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 5:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Arne,

According to the message that your current MSDN Subscription account could not active Visual Studio. As far as I know, if your MSDN Subscription account has been assigned to use Visual Studio, the Visual Studio will be active when your sign in with this account.

I suggest you contact the Visual Studio Subscriptions Customer Service Centers to check your MSDN Subscription account, whether it has been assigned to use Visual Studio and it doesn't have expired.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/aa948875.aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 5:39 AM
  • Thanks, Weiwei, I'll reach out to them and see if they can provide any insights.

Best regards,

Arne Vedø-Hansen

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 9:25 AM