Intellisense only shows some functions

Question

• Some functions do not show up correctly in Intellisense. For example, I was using D2D1.h, and it has a new free function that can create a RenderTarget from a DXGI surface in a single call. But Intellisense's function listing popup wouldn't show it - although if I typed the whole name, it would show the arguments popup. I had the same problem attempting to use the ID2D1Device interface to create a RenderTarget from the Surface- it simply didn't list the function in the available member functions. 
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:33 PM

Answers

• Hello,

you are correct this is easily reproducible.  The product group has asked me to have you report the bug through connect so you can easily get status and other developers can vote on the bug -

http://connect.microsoft.com/visualstudio

I have seen some limited success using a smart pointer declaration like

Microsoft::WRL::ComPtr<ID2D1Device> m_d2dDevice but we are really after a full featured intellisense scenario.

Thanks,

mike

Microsoft Developer Support

• Marked as answer by Chris Sells Monday, October 10, 2011 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:07 AM

All replies

• Hello,

let me check if this reproduces in later Visual Studio Builds.  I will get back to you. 

thanks!

Mike Wong

Monday, September 19, 2011 5:21 PM
  • Hello,

you are correct this is easily reproducible.  The product group has asked me to have you report the bug through connect so you can easily get status and other developers can vote on the bug -

http://connect.microsoft.com/visualstudio

I have seen some limited success using a smart pointer declaration like

Microsoft::WRL::ComPtr<ID2D1Device> m_d2dDevice but we are really after a full featured intellisense scenario.

Thanks,

mike

• Marked as answer by Chris Sells Monday, October 10, 2011 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:07 AM