Dynamically adding columns to destination by using SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have Excel file contains 4columns and i have transferred the data to destination successfully. Next day a new column was added to source file. I need to dynamically create the column in destination side and it will automatically mapped to mapping section in Data flow.

please help me. If you have anybody done this requirement please send me the files(SSIS packages).

PLease let me know if you have anu questions.

Thanks,

Madhava.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:13 PM

Answers

• This is not possible with SSIS out-of-the-box.
    You'll need to resort to scripting or to 3rd party components such as CozyRoc's Dataflow+.

MCTS, MCITP - Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.
    Answer #1: Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Answer #2: It depends...

• Proposed as answer by COZYROC Monday, March 12, 2012 6:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:21 PM
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:18 PM

All replies

• This is not possible with SSIS out-of-the-box.
    You'll need to resort to scripting or to 3rd party components such as CozyRoc's Dataflow+.

• Proposed as answer by COZYROC Monday, March 12, 2012 6:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:21 PM
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:18 PM
  • I would suggest dumping the source file into a sql table,  then use ssis variables to create sql query statements dynamically, using the schema system tables. you can start by doing a select * from information_schema.columns where table_name = 'table name'.  Then you just have to use the column name and data type from that table to create a select statement to find the data and a create table statement to dynamically create your excel sheet from an execute sql task.  Hope this helps.
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 2:10 PM
  • Hi Koen,

Apologies for the late response.Thanks for your reply. How the Dataflow+ helpful to me. Do you have any sample package for that. If you have please provide to me..

Thanks,

Madhava

Monday, March 12, 2012 6:34 AM
  • The Dataflow+ is a commercial component from Cozyroc. You can contact them to ask if they have a  trial/evaluation version available.

Monday, March 12, 2012 6:36 AM
  • Hi Cyoung84,

Apologies for the late response. Thanks for your reply..Could you please explain with example if possible.

Thanks,

Madhava

Monday, March 12, 2012 6:36 AM
  • Hi Cyoung84,

Apologies for the late response. Thanks for your reply..Could you please explain with example if possible.

Thanks,

Madhava

Madhava,

Here is a link to the enhanced task documentation. There is also a demo video posted, which demonstrates the functionality.

SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Monday, March 12, 2012 6:12 PM