Suppressing errors in DEV mode RRS feed

• Question

• Question:

Our customers need the grey'd out menu items, so we run in dev mode:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft ESP\1.0\esp.exe" -dev

We're working on fixing the various errors which popup, but any way to suppress the errors while in dev mode, other than hitting cancel?

Any way to add and extran suffix or tag to run in dev mode for the menus, but kill the errors without customers hitting "cancel"?

Thanks,

Warren

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:45 PM

Answers

• Thanks all for your feedback.

We simply fixed our errors, and all is well.  :)
    • Proposed as answer by Todd Landstad Tuesday, July 1, 2008 5:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Todd Landstad Tuesday, July 1, 2008 5:32 PM
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 12:43 AM

All replies

• Well, I'm sure this isn't the best way but I find the window and send a WM_CLOSE message.

1.  EnumWindows()

When I find it...

2. PostMessage(WM_CLOSE)

Please let me know if you come up with a better way.

Bobby
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:11 PM
  • I had some errors in the XML gauge code, and apparently ESP detects these on start-up
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:20 AM
  • The same thing happens in fsx.  But you can turn it off if you put "GaugeDevDebug=0" in the fsx.cfg.  But it doesn't seem to work in esp dev mode.  See Creating XML Gauges->Step1: Setup 

Bobby
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:32 PM
  • Thanks all for your feedback.

We simply fixed our errors, and all is well.  :)
    • Proposed as answer by Todd Landstad Tuesday, July 1, 2008 5:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Todd Landstad Tuesday, July 1, 2008 5:32 PM
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 12:43 AM
  • Hey Warren,

Why do your clients need access to the grayed out menus?  Or, specifically which ones do you find they need access to?  This sort of info will help us figure out better ways to handle the menu enabling/disabling in the next version.

Tim
    http://beatlesblog.spaces.live.com/
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 7:18 AM
  • Hi Tim,

Sorry for the late reply. Did not see your post. Was on display at Oshkosh. Been busy.

At present, we have our customers launch in ESP - dev mod to give them as many pull-down menu features as possible.  We can't do it, however, on our set scenarios, unless they launch first into ESP - dev mod, then select a flight.  

Our customers need to do various things:

Map -- want to see the map, so they can reposition the aircraft -- let's say on a 5 or 7 mile final. To try again something they botched the first time

Fuel / Payload -- everyone wants to always change fuel and payload settings.

Select Aircraft -- we offer a standard set of scenarios with aircraft registrations. However, we also give their own aircraft which they purchased form the manufacturer. Many want the opportunity to fly their exact aircraft and options in the simulator, replacing the default manufacturers aircraft

Weather -- they want to change weather on the fly

Virtually all pull down menu items they want to use, although these have been the majority of the comments we've gotten since switching to ESP.

Also, the biggest thing folks like is the opening FSX window when you can create a flight. ESP launches directly into the simulator. Folks don't always want to practice the training scenarios from the manufacturer. Often they simply want to fly at their home airports to get ready for brining their new aircraft home. Or often they want to practice a flight into an unfamiliar area.

I understand the ESP team has removed items for "entertainment purposes" to use ESP for actual training, however, it would be extremely helpful to put all the menu items back in.

Thanks,

Warren
    • Edited by Warren_At_CLS Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:22 PM updated fields
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:20 PM