Copy key frames RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm runnning toolbox sample for Blend Agency lesson 5. When I try to copy keyframes for render transform to a new HyperlinkButton there is no reaction. Original tag looks like:

<HyperlinkButton x:Name="authorsMenuItem" Content="AUTHORS" Style="{StaticResource MenuButtonStyle}" NavigateUri="/Authors" TargetName="contentFrame" Tag="Our Favorite Authors" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5"/>

I'm just selecting render transform for other element and try to copy paste to new one.

Suprisingly it works in UI when above element is modified as follows:

<HyperlinkButton x:Name="authorsMenuItem" Content="AUTHORS" Style="{StaticResource MenuButtonStyle}" NavigateUri="/Authors" TargetName="contentFrame" Tag="Our Favorite Authors" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5">
        <HyperlinkButton.RenderTransform>
         <TransformGroup>
          <ScaleTransform/>
          <SkewTransform/>
          <RotateTransform/>
          <TranslateTransform/>
         </TransformGroup>
        </HyperlinkButton.RenderTransform>    
       </HyperlinkButton>

Is there anythig wrong with me or with Blend 4 maybe?

Cheers,
    Eryk

Eryk
    Friday, January 21, 2011 12:18 AM

All replies

• Did you right click on the keyframe and choose Copy?

If so, you can then RT-Click on another object in the Objects and Tiemline and choose Paste.

To copy multiple keyframes hold down your Control key and click and drag a marquee around the keyframes you wish to copy.

Hope that helps!

Jennifer Smith
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 6:34 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the answer. As I said I'm able to do this after changing XAML as per above so I'm assuming I know how to do this ;)

Only thing is that I convert .toolbox lesson which orogins from Blend3/SL3 so it is something which may casue this but I have no time to do more testing on that.

Cheers,
    Eryk

Eryk
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 8:12 PM
  • I just ran into this same issue. Unable to paste the Transform keyframes as shown in lesson. I cold paste the Opacity keyframes.

I also had converted the project file on first load, as requested (using Expression Blend v4). If I converted to v.3 the pasting procedure works. If I convert the file to v4, it does not!

-David

Thursday, September 1, 2011 10:35 PM
  • I also ran into the same problem. But after a little fooling around I came up with a quick fix.

First delete the "authorsMenuItem" then copy and paste another menu item that has the animations. Rename it to "authors..." and set the two properties (Text and Tag.)

Now the menu item will accept the copied animations.

(This probably works by copying the RenderTransform objects like in the first answer, where it's done via Xaml.) 

Sunday, October 16, 2011 5:01 PM