I used the. RDL file containing the matrix in. aspx page , but it shows the following: RRS feed

• Question

• The Group expression used in grouping ‘transdate’ references a dataset field which contains an error: UnsupportedDatatypeException.

var bytes = ReportView.LocalReport.Render("Excel", null, out mimeType, out encoding, out extension, out streamids, out warnings);

Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: The Group expression used in grouping ‘transdate’ references a dataset field which contains an error: UnsupportedDatatypeException.

If I don't ues   the matrix, then I can export Excel normally.

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:22 AM

Answers

• Hi archerpan

According to your description , could you please offer the following detail information to us for more further research .

• What the detailed report type you use ,rdl or rdlc? And what the detailed project type in your scenario?
    • If possible you could offer the detailed group expression in your matrix .
    • Try to add simple matrix in your report ,with no group , with one group , and test if it works fine or not .
    • If possible and necessary , you could try to post your project to us (github or cloud disk) with no sensitive message , and we could try to test it .

Hoping for your reply.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Mitarai Queen Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by archerpan Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:50 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2019 2:11 AM
  • Eric Liu001

Thank you as always!  

I have solved this problem. Among them, I use RDL file, which can be used normally in Report Builder. Matrix is used in the file,'transdate'is the basis of grouping,'transdate' format is "2019-05-28", I changed to "2019-05-2800:00:00.000".

• Marked as answer by archerpan Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:51 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:50 AM

All replies

• Not very clear. A RDL Report file is for Rendering in SSRS Server, you use LocalReport, that would be a RDLC file, that's a bit different.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:41 AM
  • Hi archerpan

According to your description , could you please offer the following detail information to us for more further research .

• What the detailed report type you use ,rdl or rdlc? And what the detailed project type in your scenario?
    • If possible you could offer the detailed group expression in your matrix .
    • Try to add simple matrix in your report ,with no group , with one group , and test if it works fine or not .
    • If possible and necessary , you could try to post your project to us (github or cloud disk) with no sensitive message , and we could try to test it .

Hoping for your reply.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Marked as answer by archerpan Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:50 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2019 2:11 AM
  • Eric Liu001

Thank you as always!  

I have solved this problem. Among them, I use RDL file, which can be used normally in Report Builder. Matrix is used in the file,'transdate'is the basis of grouping,'transdate' format is "2019-05-28", I changed to "2019-05-2800:00:00.000".

• Marked as answer by archerpan Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:51 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:50 AM