none
DLL assembly manifest file? RRS feed

• Question

• I am writing an application that loads components dynamically from a DLL by creating a new AppDomain and calling CreateInstanceAndUnwrap().  One component that my application is attempting to load has a dependency on a COM component (HTML Tidy) that I want to run side-by-side with my DLL.  Is it possible to specify a manifest file for my DLL to define this dependency?  I have attempted to create a manifest both as an embedded resource and stand-alone file (MyLibrary.dll.manifest), but the runtime does not seem to find it.  The only way I have gotten the component to load was to link statically to my DLL and define the dependency in my exe's manifest file.
    Monday, January 14, 2013 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Cory,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I am trying to involve some other one into this case, wait it patiently, please.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:12 AM
  • generally, for COM component, you need to register it first. And then you don't need the manifest.

Ghost,
    Call me ghost for short, Thanks
    To get the better answer, it should be a better question.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:17 AM
  • I also don't understand the question. COM components are not linked to by dependent code.
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:53 PM