none
LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IRTC?!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying to use netmon.h in my DLL project, unfortuantly I get the error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IRTC

after compiling, I tried to link npptools.lib and nmapi.lib from C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\lib\wnet\i386 but:

-the first time I don't get error but I got a conflict of kernel32.lib that was linked from C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\lib\wnet\i386 instead of its original path and I got LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetTickCount64@0.

-the second time I removed the C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\lib\wnet\i386 from linker additional directories, and I linked

npptools.lib and nmapi.lib into linker input directly as C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\lib\wnet\i386\npptools.lib and C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\lib\wnet\i386\nmapi.lib , but I got LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IRTC.

What should I do now?

Please Help me It's urgent

• Moved by Anna Cc Monday, September 9, 2013 1:31 AM
    Friday, September 6, 2013 9:45 AM

Answers

• #include <guiddef.h> before #include'ing <netmon.h>. if you have one global header file that is included by all source files, put the #include <guiddef.h> in a source file before including the global header.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 9, 2013 4:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Yuri.B,

Your case is more related with Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development forum. I moved it here.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Sunny Cao
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 9, 2013 1:30 AM
  • #include <guiddef.h> before #include'ing <netmon.h>. if you have one global header file that is included by all source files, put the #include <guiddef.h> in a source file before including the global header.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 9, 2013 4:01 AM