none
Web Analytics RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning, 

We have noticed that our web analytics with our SharePoint 2010 farm stopped showing data a couple of months ago. The message we are seeing is There is no data available for this report. Here are some possible reasons: (1) Web Analytics has not been enabled long enough to generate data; (2) There is insufficient data to generate this report; (3) Data logging required for this report might not be enabled; (4) Data aggregation might not be enabled at the level required for this report.<input id="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_rvwp_RibbonActiveTabHiddenField" name="ctl00$PlaceHolderMain$rvwp$RibbonActiveTabHiddenField" type="hidden" value="DURATION: 30 ; : 0 ; " />

We have 3 web applications running on our farm and they are reporting all the same message.  I have verified that the data is being logged to the database but cannot seem to get the reports to show. The service has been running for years without any issues.  I also do not see anything in the event log or the SharePoint logs that are giving me any indication that there is a problem. 

If anyone has any further troubleshooting skills i could try it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Kim

Friday, April 5, 2019 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Kim,

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1. Check if you have configured the web analytics and health data collection. Go to central administration->monitoring-> Configure usage and health data collection.

2. Check if the two timer jobs “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Usage Data Import” and “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Usage Data Processing” run successfully.

3. Run a full crawl in search service application.

4. Check if there is number for every web application like the picture below.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, April 8, 2019 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Kim

I suggest you check the related accounts for Web Analytics service application. If there is something wrong with them.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Monday, April 8, 2019 8:25 AM
  • Hi Kim,

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1. Check if you have configured the web analytics and health data collection. Go to central administration->monitoring-> Configure usage and health data collection.

2. Check if the two timer jobs “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Usage Data Import” and “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Usage Data Processing” run successfully.

3. Run a full crawl in search service application.

4. Check if there is number for every web application like the picture below.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, April 8, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Hi Kim,

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the helpful reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi Kim,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If the issue was resolved, you can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly. 

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Monday, April 15, 2019 2:20 AM
  • Hi Sara, I thought I replied last week so I am not sure what happened. I am still having trouble with this and have gone through all your suggestions. The account that is being used is used for other services and I have not had any issues. Configure usage and health data collection is configured. As I indicated this has been working for years and now all of a sudden stopped. Any other suggestions would be great to assist me in solving this.

Thanks,

Kim

Monday, April 15, 2019 12:36 PM
  • Hi Kim,

To troubleshoot the issue, you could reset IIS.

And then run SharePoint 2010 products configuration wizard.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:43 AM
  • Hi Kim,

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the helpful reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Monday, April 22, 2019 1:43 AM
  • Good morning Sara, We are still having issues with this. I have tried the iis reset and still not working for us.  I will ask the sharepoint admin to run the config wizard to see if this resolves the issue.  I will let you know how we make out. Thanks for your support.

Kim

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:07 PM