none
P2010 workspace web parts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, In the virtual demo for the Project server there is a web part for the project site showing that project fields  name, owner, description etc. that are keyed in the PDP to start the project.  Is there anywhere that I can get the webparts shown or are they something that they show in the demo but are customizations you would need to purchase from somewhere?  These web parts were in 2 groups. P2010 PDP webparts and P2010 workspace web parts.  Some of the webparts shown are close to what we are looking for.  Thanks for any help or ideas where they came from.

Doug

Monday, November 15, 2010 9:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• The "Project Fields" web part comes with Project Server 2010 and should be available to add to any PDP. You can find it in the Project Web App Category and it is called "Project Fields".

Once you add it, you can customize to determine which fields are shown.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Monday, November 15, 2010 10:06 PM
  • Yes thanks. I did see that one but it is only available in a PDP. I am looking at the Project Site in the Virtual lab.  It has a list of all those project fields under the heading Project Description, but when I try to add the Project Fields web part it says that it cannot be viewed in this context.  The Project Description web part is in the P2010 Workspace Webparts folder in the Virtual Lab.  In fact there are a number of web parts shown on the project sit that I would like to add but I can't find that folder in the out of box folders.  Is there somewhere we can go to get the webpart Microsoft shows in their Demo or is there somewhere I can go that leads me through how to generate the webparts shown in the demo?

Thanks  

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:53 PM
  • Hi Doug,

I don't know about these web parts in the Virtual Lab...

But one other option to consider, is creating a small custom report (e.g. in Reporting Services) and show this in a web part on the Project Site. Biggest challenge is to retreive the Project GUID (or any other value that could server as an identifier, like the site URL, ...) and pass it into the report.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:19 PM
  • Thanks  As long as the webpart could call the report each time it is opened so we get the most current data that may work. 
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:27 PM
  • Doug

Did you figure how to migrate these webparts?. we spent about two weeks with MS Spt and did not have any results. My guess these webparts have some code that locked it to something in the image environment. Reverse engineering is my next step.

Greg

greg
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:39 PM