none
Cannot install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806) (update 1 of 1)... RRS feed

• Question

• For a month now I am desperately trying to install

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806) (update 1 of 1)...

It refuses to install..the only message I get is "unable to install"

???? anytime I try to download a picture or design from the internet

I get knocked off the internet. I would give anything to have this

problem corrected but honestly I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO?

Anyone that can help me I would be so grateful...thank you...Ria77

Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:36 PM

Answers

• Hi there, I had same problem, resolved by downloading and installing windows installer 3.1:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:55 AM
  • Solution !!!

I found the post below that I've copied and pasted written by Tammysisland here on the forum and that appears to have completely solved this annoying problem. Follow it to the letter. If you don't see the update needed, look in the left hand bar for "software, optional" and you should find it there.

Also, If when going to windows update it shows an error, I restarted my PC and then went back to windows update and then it worked. Anyway, give it try, it all sure worked for me.

Thank you very much Tammysisland !

Copied and pasted from here down:

I too have Windows XP SP2, FULLY LOADED UP TO .NET 3.0 the error codes for SP1 were throwing me off. 

I first got error code KB929300 AND KB110806, then couldn't get those to work at all, tried to ignore them for awhile. Then, when I tried to install my Turbotax software it would not install!!  Found in other blogs that  .NET framework 3.5. install might fix the issue.  AND YES I could not get 3.5 to install either, I got error code .Net 2.0a.  So finally got this cleanup tool!!!  Evidently somehow the .NET FRAMEWORK either got corrupted or?? well who knows. Anyway, here it is, you need the link below to fix it. Plus read all my notes on housekeeping to get this to work and solve your pesky problems too! It worked for me and now I am HAPPY!!!

http://astebner.sts.winisp.net/Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip

1) Clean off delete all temp files off your machine, with ccleaner.com or other, or just go to Local Settings, Temp (have to unhide these files to see them).  VITAL!!!

2) Close all internet windows open, VITAL!!!

3) Close HP photo digital imaging monitor in task tray, if you have a high end HP printer installed like I do, HP C7180, I found it interfered w/ installations.

4) Run Zip file link above

5) Immediately close Microsoft.com update internet window where you got zip file, or it won't work!!!

6) direct it to fix all versions of .NET, may need to restart computer

7) repeat steps 1-3

8) Open Windows update check for updates, custom install should have 3-4 packages to update

9) Update only one at a time, start with .NET FRAMEWORK version 1.1 Service Pack 1

10) restart computer, repeat steps 1-3

11) Open windows update check for updates, custom, may have KB928366 OR KB110806, ONLY run one update at a time.

12) restart computer, repeat steps 1-3

13) open windows update, check for updates, custom install should have KB829019  .NET 2.0:X86 run install

14) restart computer, repeat steps 1-3

15) open windows update custom install, KB928416 .NET 3.0:x86 should be last one.

16) restart computer

17) May get a few anomoly error messages documentviewer.msi missing or can't find photogallery, will have to resolve these later, end messages running with "WINDOWS TASK MANAGER" to move on.

Anyway this fixed it for me, plus it fixed the original errors I kept getting from not being able to update and install KB929300 AND KB110806 Microsoft updates which were pesky SP1 updates that were to say the least annoying!!!

Sunday, April 13, 2008 11:53 PM

All replies

• Im in the same boat did you get an answer or if anyone with one is reading this could they post one I tried all the uninstall reinstall stuff from other post but it still jams at 2.0!!

Sunday, February 24, 2008 4:51 PM
  • Please follow What to do when you go to post a setup and deployment issue on the MSDN forums?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/aaronru/archive/2007/12/10/what-to-do-when-you-go-to-post-a-setup-and-deployment-issue-on-the-msdn-forums.aspx for more information.

Thanks

Monday, February 25, 2008 4:02 AM
  • ?

Monday, February 25, 2008 10:20 PM
  • Hi there, I had same problem, resolved by downloading and installing windows installer 3.1:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:55 AM
  • Same problem here too, I d/l'd and installed the windows installer 3.1 and and then the update appeared to work but now the update shield continues popping up and going through the update routine andevry time it says succesfully installed.

But it keeps doing it. This started after I screwed up and removed the .NET Framework in add/remove programs. I did a system restore and it didn't help.

I sure need some advice on how tio fix this please.

Thanks,

Mjr. Riceman

Sunday, April 13, 2008 12:41 AM
  • I'm having same problem,

might be able to manually download the file somewhere n install, instead of automatic update, but yeah i would really rather it if this one worked
    Sunday, April 13, 2008 3:48 AM

• I've had this for ages as well - nothing I have tried has worked and I am wondering if it is malware?

I'm on XP.
    Sunday, April 13, 2008 2:43 PM
  • Solution !!!

I found the post below that I've copied and pasted written by Tammysisland here on the forum and that appears to have completely solved this annoying problem. Follow it to the letter. If you don't see the update needed, look in the left hand bar for "software, optional" and you should find it there.

Also, If when going to windows update it shows an error, I restarted my PC and then went back to windows update and then it worked. Anyway, give it try, it all sure worked for me.

Thank you very much Tammysisland !

Copied and pasted from here down:

I too have Windows XP SP2, FULLY LOADED UP TO .NET 3.0 the error codes for SP1 were throwing me off. 

I first got error code KB929300 AND KB110806, then couldn't get those to work at all, tried to ignore them for awhile. Then, when I tried to install my Turbotax software it would not install!!  Found in other blogs that  .NET framework 3.5. install might fix the issue.  AND YES I could not get 3.5 to install either, I got error code .Net 2.0a.  So finally got this cleanup tool!!!  Evidently somehow the .NET FRAMEWORK either got corrupted or?? well who knows. Anyway, here it is, you need the link below to fix it. Plus read all my notes on housekeeping to get this to work and solve your pesky problems too! It worked for me and now I am HAPPY!!!

http://astebner.sts.winisp.net/Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip

1) Clean off delete all temp files off your machine, with ccleaner.com or other, or just go to Local Settings, Temp (have to unhide these files to see them).  VITAL!!!

2) Close all internet windows open, VITAL!!!

3) Close HP photo digital imaging monitor in task tray, if you have a high end HP printer installed like I do, HP C7180, I found it interfered w/ installations.

4) Run Zip file link above

5) Immediately close Microsoft.com update internet window where you got zip file, or it won't work!!!

6) direct it to fix all versions of .NET, may need to restart computer

7) repeat steps 1-3

8) Open Windows update check for updates, custom install should have 3-4 packages to update

9) Update only one at a time, start with .NET FRAMEWORK version 1.1 Service Pack 1

10) restart computer, repeat steps 1-3

11) Open windows update check for updates, custom, may have KB928366 OR KB110806, ONLY run one update at a time.

12) restart computer, repeat steps 1-3

13) open windows update, check for updates, custom install should have KB829019  .NET 2.0:X86 run install

14) restart computer, repeat steps 1-3

15) open windows update custom install, KB928416 .NET 3.0:x86 should be last one.

16) restart computer

17) May get a few anomoly error messages documentviewer.msi missing or can't find photogallery, will have to resolve these later, end messages running with "WINDOWS TASK MANAGER" to move on.

Anyway this fixed it for me, plus it fixed the original errors I kept getting from not being able to update and install KB929300 AND KB110806 Microsoft updates which were pesky SP1 updates that were to say the least annoying!!!

Sunday, April 13, 2008 11:53 PM
  • I had a similar problem.  I resolved it by following the instructions from this Microsoft page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312499/en-us

When I tried to follow the recommendations for un-installing and reinstalling, I got an error message about this "enable rollback" issue.  I deleted the rollback key in the registry and then tried the update again.  It worked just fine. 

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:41 PM
  • Hi!

I had a similar problem, but more, IE7 could not display web pages anymore (but an alternative browser could) and Zattoo.exe didn't start anymore. By applying Major Riceman's solution, all these problems were fixed.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 10:48 PM
  • Hi,
    I had the same problem, I am not going to write about what I tried ?
    What's worked:

downoladed Iolo System mechanic - cleaned the system from clutter, repaired registry, got rid of worms, etc... then complete Total Care from System mechanic

rebooted the system, optimized all settings using System mechanic

Rebooted again

using RUN....in start menu

I run:   msiexec/regserver

which re-intalled windows installer

and went to Windows Update and everything got installed without a problem
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 5:54 PM