none
Connect to File System Data Source

Question

• When I create a connection to a File System data source to load data from my local machine to an Azure storage container, I'm getting an authentication error when I test the connection.  I've setup a self-hosted integration runtime which is working fine, and I'm using my Windows/AzureAD user name and password, but getting the message "The user name or password is incorrect".  Is there a specific format I should use when entering my username for the connection to work or is there a different set of credentials this is looking for?

Thanks

Monday, July 23, 2018 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried using the format "<DOMAIN>\<user>" in the User name field in the Data Factory UI?

When you are creating the linked service in JSON, remember to use double '\', while in the UI, you can use single '\':

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/connector-file-system#sample-linked-service-and-dataset-definitions  

If you cannot get AD credentials to work, you could try creating a local user and password on your local machine, and specifying those credentials to have access to your share.  When using a local user, specifying a <DOMAIN> is not needed.

Monday, July 23, 2018 10:02 PM