Updating Context.tt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I updated my edmx setting a table as abstract. Them I run the custom tool to generate Context.tt. In this file I can see my table as abstract.

Later I updated again my edmx, declaring another table as abstract. But when I run the custom tool Context.tt doen's update the code of the file. The table is not abstract as in the edmx.

How can I update my Context.tt?

Thanks

Thursday, August 6, 2015 10:07 AM

Answers

• Hello Alberto San Frutos,

>>But when I run the custom tool Context.tt doen's update the code of the file. The table is not abstract as in the edmx.

As far as I know, the context.tt is used to generate model entity class, if you change this .tt file, all generated class should be abstract class in your case. Is that you add a determine condition specifically for the table? If, so you could add another condition for the new table you want to an abstract one at the same code line in the .tt file.

If I do not understand correctly, please feel free to let me know and share us with the .tt file and your tables.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Fred Bao Monday, August 17, 2015 1:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Monday, August 17, 2015 1:26 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 9:32 AM