3rd Party Token Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Our developer token was recently upgraded to 3rd party status. How does this change the way we manage our client accounts? In the past the account needed to be under our main account, but it is my understanding that this is no the case with 3rd party tokens.

If the account does not need to be under our account then what credentials do we provide for the API calls? Obviously we would use our token, but do we use the clients username and password or do we use the one assigned to our API account?

If we use the clients credentials do they need to have API access added to their account?

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 5:06 AM

Answers

• Always use the username which has access to the accounts and corresponding campaigns that you wish to manage. Tokens simply provide API access and do not grant new account level permissions. The 3rd party token is special and may be paired with any adCenter username and password. So yes, you would use your 3rd party token and then in turn each of the client username and passwords corresponding to the accounts to be managed.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 8:27 PM

All replies

• Always use the username which has access to the accounts and corresponding campaigns that you wish to manage. Tokens simply provide API access and do not grant new account level permissions. The 3rd party token is special and may be paired with any adCenter username and password. So yes, you would use your 3rd party token and then in turn each of the client username and passwords corresponding to the accounts to be managed.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 8:27 PM
  • i have an adcenter account but i cant figgure out how to get the 3ed party developer tokens... where do i request this from?

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:36 AM
  • 3rd Party token access goes through a nomination process I believe. Your adCenter Rep would probably be able to help you with that.
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:45 AM
  • What's the protocol here for working out errors with these tokens? We've been up and running  on the sandbox for several weeks, but have thus far been unable to get our 3rd party token to authenticate. Any ideas on how we can address this? We've been working with our account rep, but that's largely been a dead end. I'm under increasing pressure to make this work, so I'm really just looking for ideas or things to try:)

Thanks,

NIck

Monday, March 7, 2011 10:11 PM
  • Sorry, but I will ahve to go through the normal simple stuff first. The Tokens for the sandbox are different than the tokens for the live account. Are you using the production token and credentials on the sandbox? Because that will not work. Second, the third party token alows you to manage other accounts, but you must use their username and password, not yours, in order to authenticate properly. Finally what is the actual error message you are recieving? Are you getting the specific message (i.e. invalid campaign id) or a more generic one (i.e. invalid client data)?
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 5:06 AM