Report parameter of type checkbox possible in SSRS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Could you please confirm whetehr it is possible or not in SSRS. I am looking for a report parameter of type checkbox.

Please comment.

Thanks,
    San
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:20 PM

Answers

• This is not currently available. It's being considered for the next SQL release.

Regards.

Mike
    • Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Friday, April 24, 2009 6:32 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:00 PM

All replies

• I don't completely understand what do you mean "report parameter of type checkbox"? There are 5 data types of parameter in SSRS - boolean, text, float, integer and date/time.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:34 PM
    Answerer
  • You could use the Boolean for it. And on the user interface, you can have a checkbox.
    When checked, pass the bool value (either 0 or 1) ......

Are you looking for something else........

Otherwise, you have a multi-select checkbox on the report..... which should have values populated from the dataset or internally.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:55 AM
  • As far as i'm aware using the boolean data type will only give you two radio buttons (True/false) Options may depend on which version of SSRS you're using - I don't know what the case would be for 2008
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:57 PM
  • If you want your parameter looks like checkbox in UI  you can create parameter which allow multiple values. In run time you'll get a list with checkboxes
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 4:15 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi thanks for your reply.

The boolean type will give you a radio button with true or false value in it  right? I am looking the checkbox in parameter pane of reporting services.
    is that possible?

Thanks,
    Suni
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:17 PM
  • This is not currently available. It's being considered for the next SQL release.

Regards.

Mike
    • Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Friday, April 24, 2009 6:32 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:00 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Is that mean we cannot add checkbox parameter for both of SSRS 2005 and 2008?
    which next SQL release that you mention?
    thanks in advance.

Vera
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:06 AM
  • This is currently available!

When you Desing a Report in Visual Studio

Opcion Report (Top Panel) -> Report Parameters ... -> Add one and select the option Multi Value.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337396(v=SQL.90).aspx
    • Edited by NetteN Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:11 PM more info
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:02 PM
  • How does this make a boolean parameter display as a checkbox?  You linked to a page describing multi-select parameters.
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:36 PM
  • Hi San,

You cannot render as a checkbox, but I successfully make it a dropdownlist with 2 values - Yes / No.

First, set the data type to Boolean, then add 'Yes (true)' and 'No (false)' as the available values.

Hope this help.

Thanks.

Jimmy

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 8:07 AM