none
Restore-SPSite RRS feed

• Question

• I am having issue on the site restore and i have searched almost all the blogs and articles but still i didnot find any suggestion to fix this issue.

Error:

Restore-SPSite : The site collection could not be restored. If this problem persists, please make sure the content databases are available and have sufficient free space.

Please help

Thank You

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:34 PM

Answers

• It is always helpful if you can state the checks you've made and the blogs/articles you've looked at?

Otherwise my first response would be to check that you've got content databases attached with space for new sites.

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Saturday, February 22, 2014 6:36 AM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:38 PM
  • This error message is very opaque. It's asking you to check for enough space rather than telling you that you have no space. So, as Alex mentions, the first thing to check is the available space within your content databases.

I'd also suggest keeping an eye on the ULS logs as other stuff, such as locked database or a corrupted back-up file can also cause these error messages.

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:01 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• It is always helpful if you can state the checks you've made and the blogs/articles you've looked at?

Otherwise my first response would be to check that you've got content databases attached with space for new sites.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:38 PM
  • This error message is very opaque. It's asking you to check for enough space rather than telling you that you have no space. So, as Alex mentions, the first thing to check is the available space within your content databases.

I'd also suggest keeping an eye on the ULS logs as other stuff, such as locked database or a corrupted back-up file can also cause these error messages.

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:01 PM
    Answerer