none
SSH Server in C# on Windows 10 machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

For my new project, I need to run a SSH Server on Windows 10 machine and when I get request from SSH Client, after authentication will connect to client and get data.

1. I was thinking of using OpenSSH as they started supporting on Windows 10 machines. I can somehow install OpenSSH service on Windows 10 machine and run it. But how can I use it in my C#.Net application? I mean when I get data from client, how can I get it in my code? I could not find any .Net APIs. Please let me know, if you know any NuGet or third party dlls.

2. I found SSH.Net library on Github. Does anyone know if it also provides APIs to run a SSH Server on Windows machine and accept client requests and data?

I am very new to this area. Thank you so much in advance.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:35 PM

All replies

• Try this!

Dim Blondedude092 as SkypeUser

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:43 AM
  • Hi AnkitaGoel,

Thank you for posting here

For your question, if you want to know how to use SSH in C#, you could refer to the examples below.

https://www.example-code.com/csharp/ssh.asp

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:30 AM
  • I suspect you have misunderstood your requirements.  SSH is a terminal emulator.  It's not used in client/server situations.  An SSH server doesn't accept client requests and data.

I suspect you actually mean SSL.  SSL (secure sockets layer) is a way to do securely encrypted transactions over a TCP socket.  For example, HTTPS is just the HTTP protocol going through an SSL layer for encryption.  You can certainly write a TCP server and add SSL support to it.  Once you get the certificate exchange done and encryption starts, its used exactly like a normal TCP socket.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:14 PM