Creating User Control for Word Processing RRS feed

• Question

• User1024032571 posted

Hi friends, I want to start developing a user control to display a word document contents in HTML format or without in other words, I want to preserve the word document formatting. So that word document should be displayed as it is without losing its formatting text. Please suggest from where should I get the info regarding the content parsing of word document , so that in a textbox, the contents of a word can be displayed without losing its format. The objective is to display the word document on a webpage. I dont want to use Interops or ContentType. I want to code an open source text editor for word processing. I dont have any info how to PARSE word document content. Any help links will be great. Also is there a possibility that when a word document is viewed by client on his mechine, the control should download the word document silently on clients' mechine so that if he clicks on the mailto: link (which is in the document), opens up clients' outlook and attach that word document which is he viewing. Please sugggest and guide me. Thanks, Munish
    Sunday, April 20, 2008 1:06 PM

Answers

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Based on my knowledge, I don’t think it’s possible. Since the working mechanism between word and html are totally different.

<o:p> </o:p>

I guess what you want is to create a rich text editor, which enables the users to modify the context with the custom style (including bold, italic, color, image and etc.) If so, there are lots of rich text editor controls which is available, maybe those are what you want. Besides, if you want to parse a word document to the html, you can search for some tools which enable you to covert the word formatted document to html page.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:48 PM

All replies

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Based on my knowledge, I don’t think it’s possible. Since the working mechanism between word and html are totally different.

I guess what you want is to create a rich text editor, which enables the users to modify the context with the custom style (including bold, italic, color, image and etc.) If so, there are lots of rich text editor controls which is available, maybe those are what you want. Besides, if you want to parse a word document to the html, you can search for some tools which enable you to covert the word formatted document to html page.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:48 PM
  • User1024032571 posted

I really want to know how aspose works. But their component still works when office is not installed on the webserver. Are they using the office/word object library internally in their application.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:25 AM