none
Migrating v 1.8 SDK code to v2 SDK RRS feed

• Question

• We are having a working Kinect application for Windows  using the Xbox 360 camera and SDK 1.8. Now we would like to start using Xbox One camera and framework v2. Can we somehow migrate or reuse existing code or do we need to rewrite everything?

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:54 AM

Answers

• There is no "automated migration" tool as far as I know so you will have to port your app yourselves. Depending on what v1 features you were using this will take more or less time.

I think you can get a good idea of what changed watching the jumpstart videos. If you search in the forums you will also find some topics with basic ideas.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 11:43 AM

All replies

• There is no "automated migration" tool as far as I know so you will have to port your app yourselves. Depending on what v1 features you were using this will take more or less time.

I think you can get a good idea of what changed watching the jumpstart videos. If you search in the forums you will also find some topics with basic ideas.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 11:43 AM
  • The APIs completely changed from v1 to v2. When we migrated from v1 to v2, we had to rewrite everything.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 6:45 PM