SSRS Report with multiple tabs...similar to an Excel spreadsheet with multiple worksheets RRS feed

• Question

• This may seem like the most bizarre request...but I was asked by a Business User if we could provide a SSRS Report with multiple tabs...similar to an Excel spreadsheet and multiple worksheets.

My initial reaction was that each worksheet would be its own Report. But they are indicating that they may actuially like to see all the reports as separate Tabs. Is this possible? And using different datasets and data columns on different reports.

If it is indeed possible, could you perhaps lead me down the right path here as to some web sites or YouTubes that I could reference?

Thanks for your review and am hopeful for a reply.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:47 PM

Answers

• Hi ITBobbyP,

Based on my understanding, you want to export all the reports to the Excel and each report displays in one worksheet, right?

In your scenario, you can add subreport controls in the main report, then embed each subreport control within one rectangle control. Add a page break after each rectangle except the last one. Please refer to screenshots below:

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 25, 2016 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hi

Set the property "Pagebreak" on the tablix or table or other element to force a new tab, and then set the property "Pagename" on both the element before the pagebreak and the element after the pagebreak. These names will appear on the tabs when the report is exported to Excel.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd255278.aspx

Regards,

Navin

Navin.D http://dnavin.wordpress.com

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 10:41 PM
  • Hi ITBobbyP,

Based on my understanding, you want to export all the reports to the Excel and each report displays in one worksheet, right?

In your scenario, you can add subreport controls in the main report, then embed each subreport control within one rectangle control. Add a page break after each rectangle except the last one. Please refer to screenshots below:

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 25, 2016 2:44 AM
  • Have you figured out how to do it? I have the same request from a business user. I know it is very easy to create a multiple tabs report in Tableau. But I only have SSRS to work with. And I am not sure if it is doable with SSRS.

Thanks.

• Edited by Julia9123 Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:14 PM
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:09 PM