none
Creating a VBA Script to Move Emails Marked With A Category RRS feed

• Question

• I have been searching around and trying a few different ways myself but I am not able to figure this out. I need to create a VBA script to clean up my inbox. It will be used for other uses once done but this is the main reason for it. I have marked numerous emails with the Categories feature (blue = Completed). Basically what I need to do is move emails I have marked with the categories into different folders that I have created. I need them to move based on color. For instance I have all my projects that have emails associated with them that I have finished marked in blue. Now I need to move all emails with the blue category into the “completed” folder in an archive. The archive is named “Projects”. I will be glad to supply any information that you may need. Thanks in advanced.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:30 PM

All replies

• You can try with Rules and ALert from Tools menu of Outlook.

This will allow to specify categories and specify a folder to move.Then use "Run rules now".Pls refer to offline help of outlook for details.

Best Regards,
    Asadulla Javed, Kolkata
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:30 AM
    Answerer